If you have some nerves - try these strategies to gain confidence.
1. Use your outline—that’s why you’ve brought it with you.
2. Cheat a bit and read your slides (being careful not to turn your back to your audience.)
3. If your legs are shaking–walk. Cross to the other side of the room.
4. Find friendly faces and deliver your presentation to them.
5. The more nervous you feel, the taller you should stand. Condition yourself to stand tall and look your audience in the eyes, even when you’re scared to death
6. Make sure that the people in the back of the room can hear your message—speak up!
7. Feel like your arms are flailing? Gently clasp them at your waist.
8. Can’t catch your breath? – cough.
9. Hands are shaking? Don’t hold flimsy paper that will show the shakes—stick to note cards or nothing at all.
11. Pause to let your points “land.” Your audience is hearing this information for the first time, so give them time to absorb what you’re saying. While you’re pausing, take another breath.
12. Use pictures to remind you of your main points.
13. Lose yourself in your material—you believe your message, right? Well, let it show and have some conviction!